Introduction to the Master of Arts in English Teaching Program
The Master of Arts in English Teaching (ETMA) Program was established in 1999 to promote continuous learning and enhance the professional knowledge and skills of educators under the auspices of the "Implementation of Higher Education Extension Program" as set up by the Ministry of Education.
一、發展方向與重點 / Development Trend and Main Features ：
- To enhance the quality of English teaching among educators so that they will be better able to meet the individual needs of students in elementary school and high schools through lesson planning, selection of course contents, assessment and improvement of teaching strategies.
- To help educators gain a better understanding of the interaction between “Internationalization Policies” and “Teaching Principles.”
- To integrate technology into education through, for example, extending multimedia language teaching to follow the contemporary educational trends.
二、畢業學分 / Units Required for Graduation：
A total of 36 units is required for graduation, including two 3-unit required courses, “EFL Research Methods” and “Research Paper Writing”, and 30 units of elective courses. Among them, the 3-unit “Thesis Writing” is a pre-requisite course for writing the thesis.
三、修業年限 / Length of Program：三至五年 / 3-5 years。
四、上課時間 / Class Schedule：
每年七月及八月(暑假期間) / July and August of each year (during summer vacation)
五、論文及口試 / Thesis and Oral Examination：
- Students are required to complete a minimum of 24 units prior to taking “Thesis Writing”. A thesis proposal must be presented during enrollment for the course
- The thesis proposal must be approved and the thesis must be completed prior to applying for the oral defense.
- The thesis should be written in English, according to the standard thesis format as set out by the ETMA Program.
- The thesis oral defense has to be held from 3 to 6 weeks after submission of the application.
- After successful completion of the thesis oral defense, students should submit 2 copies of their thesis to the ETMA Program Office and three copies to the library before applying for leaving school.
六、學雜費及學分費 / Registration Fees and Credit Fees：
Registration fee is based on the standard of the Master Programs in College of Foreign Languages. Tuition is NT$4,500 per unit. (Fees are subject to change)